Saturday, October 5, 2013

24 Day Challenge Starts Tomorrow



It may sound crazy, but I'm so excited to get out of this rut I'm in and start my 24 Day Challenge.  Tomorrow, 10/6/13 is the day I am giving my body a much needed cleanse from the stress and toxins it has endured recently.

If you know me, you know that I am a health conscience person.  I work out, eat healthy most of the time and pride myself on taking good care of myself.  Well stress has gotten the best of me over the past year.  I have added the above picture because this picture reminds me of how bad my stress had gotten.  Bret and I were so excited to spend the week with Caleb and Meg in Denver in early September.  We had not seen them since Christmas.  Would you believe, on our first day in Denver, my dad was rushed to the hospital and we had to come home from our trip early.  Although I'm smiling in this picture, I was beyond stressed because I had just gotten the call about my dad.

For background, I retired almost a year ago and was so excited to work out more, take care of myself better, spending time with my grand daughter, find some volunteering opportunities and take care of my aging parents.  Unfortunately, my parents health rapidly declined around the time I retired so the past 10 months I have been focused on caring for them, rather than anything else.  I have neglected myself and have experienced so many stressful, sleepless nights, unhealthy meals because there is no time to cook and exercise . . . that was the furthest thing from my mind during this difficult time.

I was recently introduced to Advocare products and am really excited to start this 24 Day Challenge.  What do I hope to accomplish during the next 24 days?  My goals are:

1. I want to purge the toxins from my body.  Toxins come from pollution, processed foods, unhealthy eating, stress, alcohol. 

2. Energy - I want to get back the spring in my step, having the energy to work out every day, looking forward to my workouts instead of feeling guilty because I'm so run down I have no energy to go to the gym.

3. Doing something for myself - I've been so focused on my mom and dad, I have put myself, my health, my diet, my routines on the back burner.  I want to move myself up in priority.

Join me on this journey!  I don't know if this will be hard at first, or if I will feel amazing right off the bat, but figured it would be a great thing for me to blog about.  Want to join me on my 24 Day Challenge?

www.health-4-life.org

Until tomorrow friends . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment