Sunday, October 6, 2013

Day One - What is the 24 Day Challenge? 

The 24 Day Challenge has 2 phases.  The first phase lasts for 10 days and is called the Cleanse Days.  This phase helps remove waste and toxins, preparing your body for optimal nutrient absorption. 

This morning I started a Spark 30 minutes before breakfast and then the fiber drink.  You mix a citrus flavored powder (from a pre-measured package) into 8 oz of water.  I was pleasantly surprised by the flavor.  It was a little gritty, but it didn't bother me at all. 

I had an egg white omelet, 1 piece of Ezekiel (sprouted grain bread) and an orange for breakfast.  I was plenty satisfied with that big breakfast.

At lunch, I had a veggie salad, and a turkey wrap (the wrap was whole grain, low carb) - yum!

Dinner will be sautéed veggies, chicken and quinoa and my OmegaPlex.

Tonight, I will be taking an herbal cleanse supplement packet before bed.

So, Day 1 - successful!  I felt good, I worked out this morning, went to church, spent the whole afternoon cooking meals for my parents, delivered the meals to my parents and then had dinner at home.

My main reason for doing this challenge is to purge toxins from my body.  I would LOVE to drop 10 lbs . . . (what girl wouldn't, huh?)  Since I typically eat clean and have been off sugar for a while, it will be interesting to see if I can drop any weight and/or inches during this 24 day period. A girl can hope, right?  I know several people who have lost over 20 lbs. doing this very challenge so I know it works and I know it is a great way to get your body on the right track.

Well friends, that's it for Day 1.  Stop by tomorrow for day 2 . . .

Cindy
www.health-4-life.org

No comments:

Post a Comment